4/16/17
This is Bistek al la Mexicana a common dish found many places. There are several places I get this some better than others but all real decent! Kind of a tomato based sauce with generally pretty tender pieces of beef and a fair amount of it. The rice is pretty generic but the frijoles can be something else. This also includes as many fresh made in front of you tortillas you want and brought to you with a smile. Something like this costs around 50-60 pesos or $3. The squeezed as you watch orange juice is 20 and brings the price up a bit but worth it. Nothing in the States I've ever had compares to this not even close plus it'll cost 7-10 smacks. I don't know what I'm going to eat when I return. It will be an adjustment as I do this so much that is go into Puerto Vallarta on the south side and have me a excellent lunch with "real" Mexican food not the slop I get back there. I do not plan on eating out much at all only at maybe three select places. Pricey yes but worth it because it's so good. I threw away so much money last summer eating way overpriced shitty food. Several times the food got thrown away as well. The whole of Mexico is an eating machine I tell you. I'm gonna miss this.

I feel good and and think the higher temps and humidity contributes to that. It's the same every time. After a month or two you realize and say " Hey I feel pretty damn good!"

Just as important I believe the food made fresh with wholesome fresh ingredients as well contributes to that. Get off the bus in town the food smells everywhere make me hungry just like that.

7/15/12

Please Pay Attention

Bad shit happens that is just part of life. But some of the bad doesn't always have to. Like the cell phone deaths recently. The "golfer" whose ball stuck and killed a maintenance worker that was called an accident. And now this. 


On top of that initially someone took this kid away and an adult said he was driving. What in the hell are people thinking. My heart goes out to these families.

For instance with golf or a ball game of some sort if you are in the area and in this case a ball is about to be put in play you need to be aware of that and not - repeat not take your eye off of it until it's out of play.

I'm not saying these two ladies didn't see this coming but what I am saying is that be aware of what's going on around you in situations like this.

I trust no one on any road and try to see every car around me. I try the best as I can to not be the cause of a bad accident because of reasons like this. It's like a ball in play in that you dare not take your eye off it. We all do but it has to be at the right time.

4 comments:

  1. That is one stunning header! You need to use it for a Sunday Stills sometime.

    As for accidents on the road...everyone needs to take care. You are so right.


    Linda
    http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com
    http://deltacountyhistoricalsociety.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG yes!!! I see close calls every time I drive anymore. Love that header!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Because you're a horse girl. These horses run free but just hang out there. Is that normal?

    ReplyDelete