9/04/18
I drove past this between Salida and Cotopaxi on State Highway 50 in Colorado. I had to turn around and tell whoever that I stood with them totally assuming I was correct. I was and got the biggest hug of appreciation for doing so.

From my understanding, there are close to 3000 children being held around this country after being seized from their parents at the border.

Many will never see their Mom and Dad again because Republicans are totally evil.

You bastards!

11/27/10

Killer Golfers

There is no way I can let this slide and have to express probably what will  be unpopular opinions on "golfers". Below is the article in it's entirety.

A maintenance worker at a central Florida country club has been killed by a golfer's tee shot.
Police say Maurice Hayden was pulling weeds near a tree at the Mayfair Country Club in Sanford on Wednesday when he was struck in the temple about 30 yards away. The 42-year-old man was taken to Central Florida Regional Hospital. Police say he died Thursday after being removed from life support. Police say the shot was an accident and that the golfer will not face charges.

First apologies to the Hayden family for this tragic preventable killing and that's exactly what it is!


Second this man did not have to die and the police say it was an accident. That is incorrect as at the very least this man should be charged with manslaughter because that's what this "golfer"did was slaughter another human being because ----well there are probably any number of possible "reasons" but we will address just one maybe two and attempt to get the end quickly here.

Mr. Hayden had a responsibility to be aware and all my thoughts mean nothing if this was the scenario. That is -  did Mr. Hayden give the golfer the go ahead to tee off? That means eye contact was made and the responsibility shifted to Mr. Hayden. I doubt that is the case here. At that distance there is time to avoid being hit but you damn well better be ready to move very quickly and in the right direction and that is only if you know it is coming!.

Yea people die from being hit by golf balls and many are hurt on a regular basis. When the term "I hate golfers" is used on this blog this death is one of the reasons for the why.

All I can say is that you sonsofbitches who have in the past hit into me without making eye contact and that pretty much means your back is turned-that you put my well being in severe jeopardy meaning you could have killed someone. It's just that simple and I literally hate you for that.

It's like taking a shot at me with a gun but you missed because you're such a shitty shot just like you are such a shitty golfer. This is a weapon and needs to treated as such when incidents like this occur but it also needs to be understood that this was was a tee shot with people in front and if one can see them on the tee looking down the fairway that is in front.

This goes on so much you wouldn't believe.  It is not about me but this kinda shit no one talks about and the PGA does not address it as well.  After all this sport of golf is an admirable one ya see and builds character and all other kinds of good shit.

This is one of the dark sides of caddy shack I tell you.

8 comments:

  1. I personally find all golf courses offensive.
    The land that they take up is insane.
    Not to mention the amount of water they waste.

    I used to work at a country club in Santa Barbara Ca.
    Golfers and country club members believe they are a Klan of their own.
    The golfers that are retired should go do some kind of community service for their community instead of chasing a little white ball around.
    Golf is a multi billion dollar waste of time as far as I am concerned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I myself would have a problem teeing off with anything breathing within 100 yards in front of me when I hit the ball.

    I am sure the guy that hit the ball now thinks differently about golf balls hit by drivers and humans.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been hit by a ball. Tee shot, I was behind a golf cart off to the side. The ball hit the ground did a 90 degree and hit me on the shin. Had a bump for six months. I know how hard they hit and the same shot on the temple could have been fatal. Concussions are nothing to take lightly.
    Teeing off with someone that close in front of you, unprotected is irresponsible. Irresponsibility with a deadly weapon is defacto involuntary homicide. The police should be bringing charges and the family should be going after him for wrongful death. Lawyers dream here.
    In most cases golf courses pay for themselves. For those who have a soft spot for animals it's the ultimate animal sancutary: Ducks, geese, hawks, eagles, lots of other birds, fish, rabbits, squirrels, coyotes make it their home. Lush grass, trees, shrubs, flowers all sucking in carbon dioxide and releasing oxygen. Consider it a nature preserve.

    ReplyDelete
  4. RZ-we'll have a discussion about this.

    That's exactly right Russ and for me I would only do it if they were aware. Even then if it's you that gives the okay for someone to hit you cannot repeat can not take your eyes off that person or the ball not even for a split second.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sad. Golfers probably get away with this kind of shit because golf is played by people in the upper middle class and upwards in income ranges.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You earned yourself an A for that Patrick.

    We must remember incidences like this are not cut and dried. There are a number of things going on that need to be considered to determine if the golfer is negligent. Many times they are and it's no accident. It's because they're assholes and think they're special and can do what ever they want.

    That's a fact!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't believe the police want to write it off as an accident. I sure hope the poor dead guy's family takes that golfer to court.

    P.S. One Fly, I had a hard drive failure and lost all my email contacts (and a bunch of other stuff). Please drop me an email so I can restore your address.
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ROFLMFAO
    No one says it better than George Carlin.
    Here he is on golf.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbSRCjG-VLk

    Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete