4/16/17
This is Bistek al la Mexicana a common dish found many places. There are several places I get this some better than others but all real decent! Kind of a tomato based sauce with generally pretty tender pieces of beef and a fair amount of it. The rice is pretty generic but the frijoles can be something else. This also includes as many fresh made in front of you tortillas you want and brought to you with a smile. Something like this costs around 50-60 pesos or $3. The squeezed as you watch orange juice is 20 and brings the price up a bit but worth it. Nothing in the States I've ever had compares to this not even close plus it'll cost 7-10 smacks. I don't know what I'm going to eat when I return. It will be an adjustment as I do this so much that is go into Puerto Vallarta on the south side and have me a excellent lunch with "real" Mexican food not the slop I get back there. I do not plan on eating out much at all only at maybe three select places. Pricey yes but worth it because it's so good. I threw away so much money last summer eating way overpriced shitty food. Several times the food got thrown away as well. The whole of Mexico is an eating machine I tell you. I'm gonna miss this.

I feel good and and think the higher temps and humidity contributes to that. It's the same every time. After a month or two you realize and say " Hey I feel pretty damn good!"

Just as important I believe the food made fresh with wholesome fresh ingredients as well contributes to that. Get off the bus in town the food smells everywhere make me hungry just like that.

7/8/08

Ticks Attacking Airplanes

A United Airlines flight was delayed for more than five hours at Denver International Airport after three ticks were found on board Tuesday.


Either some smart ass let these loose or there is one sorry sonofabitch walking around with a bunch of these blood sucking bastards on him. No matter what ticks are just down right gross. Better check your privates right now.

On the subject of airlines
of the 456 people Frontier Airlines plans to lay off this fall, the majority are pilots and flight attendants almost all based in Denver. This will hurt for sure and I hope my cousin isn't one of them. Frontier was a successful Colorado airline for many years until it was sold to Frank Lorenzo I believe who intentionally bankrupted it as he did with other businesses. It started back up and all this corporation did was expand and expand again losing money all along the way. You assholes should be flogged for fucking with peoples lives like this. These jobs will not be coming back and I wonder how many will lose their houses in the Denver market the 10th worst in the nation?

No comments:

Post a Comment