9/04/18
I drove past this between Salida and Cotopaxi on State Highway 50 in Colorado. I had to turn around and tell whoever that I stood with them totally assuming I was correct. I was and got the biggest hug of appreciation for doing so.

From my understanding, there are close to 3000 children being held around this country after being seized from their parents at the border.

Many will never see their Mom and Dad again because Republicans are totally evil.

You bastards!

7/19/08

Critters From Yesterday

A couple times during the season horse fly's pay a visit and are none too friendly.

I'm reminded of a story from West Africa when a friend and I were paddling our six boarder on the Volta River. As a general rule things are bigger in Africa and we were accosted by a horse fly at least two times bigger than this guy. I was able to deflect his attack and yelled to Charlie to look out and no more than a moment later heard a scream . Looked back and the blood was flowing already.




Took a chunk of meat out close to an eighth inch in diameter and the swelling was immediate reaching the size of a silver dollar.



Hurt like hell and sorry to be this way but happy it was him and not me. The eyes on this insect are something else. Click on the picture to see what I mean.













This spider was found on this flower of a weed almost matching the color. The spider survived the meat eater did not.




1 comment: