4/16/17
This is Bistek al la Mexicana a common dish found many places. There are several places I get this some better than others but all real decent! Kind of a tomato based sauce with generally pretty tender pieces of beef and a fair amount of it. The rice is pretty generic but the frijoles can be something else. This also includes as many fresh made in front of you tortillas you want and brought to you with a smile. Something like this costs around 50-60 pesos or $3. The squeezed as you watch orange juice is 20 and brings the price up a bit but worth it. Nothing in the States I've ever had compares to this not even close plus it'll cost 7-10 smacks. I don't know what I'm going to eat when I return. It will be an adjustment as I do this so much that is go into Puerto Vallarta on the south side and have me a excellent lunch with "real" Mexican food not the slop I get back there. I do not plan on eating out much at all only at maybe three select places. Pricey yes but worth it because it's so good. I threw away so much money last summer eating way overpriced shitty food. Several times the food got thrown away as well. The whole of Mexico is an eating machine I tell you. I'm gonna miss this.

I feel good and and think the higher temps and humidity contributes to that. It's the same every time. After a month or two you realize and say " Hey I feel pretty damn good!"

Just as important I believe the food made fresh with wholesome fresh ingredients as well contributes to that. Get off the bus in town the food smells everywhere make me hungry just like that.

11/24/10

There's A Manhunt Going On

With a posse looking for a trail-a big posse.

After four days of thoroughly searching Moab's backcountry, investigators have decided to "change the direction of the search," for a man charged with aggravated attempted murder.


First I hope the ranger who was shot three times by this guy recovers. I find this interesting because this fellow has been able to elude over a hundred men equipped with state of the art equipment plus he's been shot in the leg himself as he left a bunch of blood behind initially.



In the article another recent manhunt is mention that lasted four days as well in northern Arizona. A few years before that two guys killed a cop from Cortez,Co and made it to nearby Bluff, Utah where if I remember correctly split up. I believe after a day or so they ran one guy down who was killed and looked forever for the second but never found him. He was found by a sheep herder or rancher and had died outside in the elements fairly close to where they started looking for them both.

The weather has been brutal out there and I do not believe there are any roads or plausible way this fellow can get out of there as he is on foot and wounded. We'll see but you cannot survive out there winter summer or anytime if you are not prepared.

If he doesn't show up one way or the other shortly he will sometime in the future and he will not be looking good. It's old time outlaw days when it comes to modern day manhunts.

No comments:

Post a Comment