9/04/18
I drove past this between Salida and Cotopaxi on State Highway 50 in Colorado. I had to turn around and tell whoever that I stood with them totally assuming I was correct. I was and got the biggest hug of appreciation for doing so.

From my understanding, there are close to 3000 children being held around this country after being seized from their parents at the border.

Many will never see their Mom and Dad again because Republicans are totally evil.

You bastards!

11/5/11

For Right Or Wrong

I'm driving north to look at this. Been all over the place on this and am back to the beginning it looks but understand I'm gonna stop at REI and look at two of their tents that might work too and they don't need petrol.

4 comments:

  1. 117,500 miles seems like a lot. No?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome...I can't believe I sold my pop up! I miss it so much. Hope this works out...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christopher, 117,500 miles is suspiciously few for a vehicle that is 22 years old. The average vehicle is driven over 8,000 miles per year. However, it's not unusual for a camper, which gets driven fewer (but longer) trips.

    Regarding reliability, 117,500 miles isn't much for this engine and transmission. In commercial service the Astro vans commonly made it to 300,000 miles, albeit usually with a transmission rebuild at 150k. The 4.3L is pretty bullet-proof (though the TBI on this particular model year can be problematic, but that's easy enough to deal with), and the transmission is the same one used behind the 305 V8 in full-size pickup trucks and way understressed behind the 4.3L.

    Turquoise, I've been looking at the idea of a popup, but nowadays the only ones are bed slide-ins on a pickup truck. That's not a very good option but better than nothing. But I need to get rid of a Jeep before I can afford one, sigh!

    - Badtux the Wrenchin' Penguin

    ReplyDelete
  4. The penguin nailed it on this you guys. Thank you for that BTux. I have seen two late 70's RV vehicles on Toyota chassis's with less than 40 k. This turned out to be in real decent shape with a few minor things that were diagnosed as being a faulty relay causing charging problems with the second battery. Saying 15-17mpg but I think I'll be able to coax a couple more out of it. Will probably buy it for 55 but money won't exchange hands today. There is plenty of life left in this vehicle. Most importantly I can stand up in and be warm and comfortable when the weather turns to crap.

    ReplyDelete