9/04/18
I drove past this between Salida and Cotopaxi on State Highway 50 in Colorado. I had to turn around and tell whoever that I stood with them totally assuming I was correct. I was and got the biggest hug of appreciation for doing so.

From my understanding, there are close to 3000 children being held around this country after being seized from their parents at the border.

Many will never see their Mom and Dad again because Republicans are totally evil.

You bastards!

3/9/09

What Bored Young Saudi Men Do To Wile Away The Time

Why they drag race and drift that's what. My drifting was on gravel roads but drag racing was the game. I love the smell of burning rubber not just in the morning but damn near anytime.

Kids are getting hurt-the cops try to stop it so they go somewhere else. Nothing new there but check this out. Maybe somebody can offer a suggestion of why this may be. Guys with fast cars where I came from were after the girls.

Drifting, which tends to attract poorer, more marginal men, has also been an unlikely nexus between homosexuality, crime and jihadism since it emerged 30 years ago. Homoerotic desire is a constant theme in Saudi songs and poems about drifting, and accomplished drifters are said to have their pick of the prettiest boys among the spectators.

Here's an example of drifting.

Since burning rubber has been mentioned an example is needed. The first video I looked at will work nicely. A 64 Chevelle in progress with a small block cranking out a 100 plus extra ponies is my guess. Sounds real good.

My fast car was a 64 Chevelle Super Sport.

Did I mention I was a Chevy Man.

chevy burn out

4 comments:

  1. I love the Chevy Chevelle. I wrapped mine around a tree in the rain one day.

    Damn, I miss that car.

    ReplyDelete
  2. my one and only muscle-car was a '67 Olds 4-4-2. Jayzus I loved that car. Until I blew it up (well, the headers) drag-racing on West Central in '76, and was both too poor and not enough mechanic to fix it...Sold it for $500...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dusty I have to laugh! I rolled my 68 Chevelle and wrapped that around a tree too.

    Tom those were the days! You can not afford to do that any more nor can you get away with it. My brother was a mustang man but I think my favorite was my 69 AMX!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All these cars were way too cool guys. I can't remember what the 442 stood for. One of the four's was for a 4-barrel carb and now it's clearer-4-speed. I suppose the 2 was for two door. The fastest production Olds ever I believe.

    The AMX was a neat car for AMC also it's fastest car. Designed to compete in the Trans AM series it actually did quite well given the motor.

    My favorite Chevelle is probably a blue '66 with a 396 and a 4-speed.

    A friend bought when it came out in '70 the 454 Chevelle with the cowl induction a bit over rated at 460HP. It did get around nicely with a 4-speed that had it's own unique sound. Unfortunately he was killed a couple years by someone who ran a stop sign and broadsided him. Had seven kids some still at home. The times we had.

    We were lucky to survive those times in very fast cars racing a lot and drinking way too much while doing so. Survivors include the lucky ones we never ran into.

    ReplyDelete