4/16/17
This is Bistek al la Mexicana a common dish found many places. There are several places I get this some better than others but all real decent! Kind of a tomato based sauce with generally pretty tender pieces of beef and a fair amount of it. The rice is pretty generic but the frijoles can be something else. This also includes as many fresh made in front of you tortillas you want and brought to you with a smile. Something like this costs around 50-60 pesos or $3. The squeezed as you watch orange juice is 20 and brings the price up a bit but worth it. Nothing in the States I've ever had compares to this not even close plus it'll cost 7-10 smacks. I don't know what I'm going to eat when I return. It will be an adjustment as I do this so much that is go into Puerto Vallarta on the south side and have me a excellent lunch with "real" Mexican food not the slop I get back there. I do not plan on eating out much at all only at maybe three select places. Pricey yes but worth it because it's so good. I threw away so much money last summer eating way overpriced shitty food. Several times the food got thrown away as well. The whole of Mexico is an eating machine I tell you. I'm gonna miss this.

I feel good and and think the higher temps and humidity contributes to that. It's the same every time. After a month or two you realize and say " Hey I feel pretty damn good!"

Just as important I believe the food made fresh with wholesome fresh ingredients as well contributes to that. Get off the bus in town the food smells everywhere make me hungry just like that.

10/31/10

Free Birth Control - That's Right Free Birth Control

Why do you think this article from the whore AP is plastered all over the place this morning?

free contraception for women in the U.S., thanks to the new health care law.

I doubt not one of the dims on the campaign trail ever said anything close to this. So why is this leading off the news. The topic certainly is not at the top of "immediate serious issues our country faces" list.

First it will get a bunch on our side responding to dumb ass questions and wasting time about discussing real topics that Americans face.

Then this type of crap really fires up the other side. Didn't see the word god but the raper bishops from Benny the Rat's Club are included.

To me what I have seen in Corporate Print these last months has been very slanted to the right even more so than in the past.

Trying to get the vote out and nothing works better than fanning the ignorance of da Mother Land.

2 comments:

  1. It's that damn liberal media helping out the Democrats again. Yea, that's it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Personally, I think free birth control for women is great, if a woman wants to use birth control. However, you are right, the rabid teabaggers don't want women having control over their own bodies and this is likely to get them all bent out of shape.

    ReplyDelete