9/04/18
I drove past this between Salida and Cotopaxi on State Highway 50 in Colorado. I had to turn around and tell whoever that I stood with them totally assuming I was correct. I was and got the biggest hug of appreciation for doing so.

From my understanding, there are close to 3000 children being held around this country after being seized from their parents at the border.

Many will never see their Mom and Dad again because Republicans are totally evil.

You bastards!

10/26/10

Another War Casualty

Update 4:15 PM
Delta Police Department
Special Release
October 23, 2010

On Saturday, October 23, 2010 at approximately 1:14 A.M. officers of the Delta Police Department responded to the 600 block of Grand Avenue on a report of shots fired.  Upon arrival to the area officers approached an unidentified male in possession of a handgun.  The male turned the weapon on officers and started firing.  Officers returned fire which resulted in the male being fatally wounded.  The officers involved were not injured.

Three officers of the Delta Police Department have been placed on administrative leave in accordance with department policy.  The Seventh Judicial District Officer Involved Shoot Team is investigating the incident.  No further details are being released pending the investigation.

Contact: 
Sgt. Charlie Kettle
Delta Police Department
970-417-8161
Charles.kettle@delta-co.gov


Dating back to Vietnam and the first Gulf War a Veteran was gunned down on main street of rural Colorado. Read it and weep.

DELTA — The Delta County Coroner's Office identified a man killed in a shootout with police early Saturday as Larry A. Brown, 59, of Delta. He was shot by two Delta police officers after he allegedly pulled a gun and fired it at them, authorities said. The officers were not hit and returned fire. Brown died from multiple gunshot wounds, the coroner said. KKCO-Channel 11 in Grand Junction reported that Brown was a Vietnam and Desert Storm veteran who was a Marine sniper and medic and had received the Bronze Star for bravery. His family told the TV station he was being treated for post-traumatic stress disorder and sometimes walked the streets in camouflage, but they did not think he fired first at police.

4 comments:

  1. This is a really sad story. I must create a Dia de los Muertos altar in my home this year for all the tragic deaths of the year. I will remember Larry Brown.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope we get to hear the rest of the story Billie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It does make me weep OF. My second spouse was a Vietnam Vet w/PTSD. I tried for over a decade to get him help....but that was BEFORE the govt admitted PTSD existed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Same as I said to Billie Dusty. This man I deserves more than a short story about how he died. It was a generic piece in the Denver Post with no one's name on it. I will be watching for more. Sorry about your hubby and all the other as well that suffer for this country's fascination for blood and guts.

    ReplyDelete