4/16/17
This is Bistek al la Mexicana a common dish found many places. There are several places I get this some better than others but all real decent! Kind of a tomato based sauce with generally pretty tender pieces of beef and a fair amount of it. The rice is pretty generic but the frijoles can be something else. This also includes as many fresh made in front of you tortillas you want and brought to you with a smile. Something like this costs around 50-60 pesos or $3. The squeezed as you watch orange juice is 20 and brings the price up a bit but worth it. Nothing in the States I've ever had compares to this not even close plus it'll cost 7-10 smacks. I don't know what I'm going to eat when I return. It will be an adjustment as I do this so much that is go into Puerto Vallarta on the south side and have me a excellent lunch with "real" Mexican food not the slop I get back there. I do not plan on eating out much at all only at maybe three select places. Pricey yes but worth it because it's so good. I threw away so much money last summer eating way overpriced shitty food. Several times the food got thrown away as well. The whole of Mexico is an eating machine I tell you. I'm gonna miss this.

I feel good and and think the higher temps and humidity contributes to that. It's the same every time. After a month or two you realize and say " Hey I feel pretty damn good!"

Just as important I believe the food made fresh with wholesome fresh ingredients as well contributes to that. Get off the bus in town the food smells everywhere make me hungry just like that.

8/27/11

Mississippi Human Eater

This wasn't just any man eater it was a woman eater. Watch were ya swim kiddies close to the big waters. And this is where the mormonies got their asses kicked out of way back when and where the church parted ways with some who chose not to molest teenies. Could this be some thing other than what it seems? That fellow who never existed works in strange ways ya know.

Olexandra Courtney, 59, of rural Nauvoo, Ill., was swimming in the Mississippi River about two miles south of Fort Madison recently when she was bitten twice on the right leg by an unknown fish. The bites measured approximately 3 1/2 inches across.



3 comments:

  1. My guess is a small alligator gar. Those suckers have *teeth*! Damn things are practically inedible too, because of how many small sharp bones they have. When we catch them while fishing for bass 'n shit, we just knock them over the head with a club to kill or at least daze them, and throw'em back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And they are there too. I hang out there now and then Tux but have never thrown a line in well cuz there was never time. You don't see many fishing because the fish can be dangerous to eat.

    I'm going back late spring or somewhere in that time frame and will be fishing in a private lake where several good things can be had. All I want to do is eat fish and then more fish.

    Will that make me part penguin?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was thinking it was one of those Boss Hawgfish.

    ReplyDelete