9/04/18
I drove past this between Salida and Cotopaxi on State Highway 50 in Colorado. I had to turn around and tell whoever that I stood with them totally assuming I was correct. I was and got the biggest hug of appreciation for doing so.

From my understanding, there are close to 3000 children being held around this country after being seized from their parents at the border.

Many will never see their Mom and Dad again because Republicans are totally evil.

You bastards!

8/5/11

Believe It Or Not

Yikes- I actually have been more busy than usual and am behind now. Friends - get that -friends came over and we golfed. Me really bad because I want to BS and just learn what's going on with others. It's hard for me to find people who want to talk very long. Most have a tendency to move away fairly quickly.

After that got to see Sy Hersh talk. Let's just say it ain't good but he has a bit of hope. It was a packed house of several hundred for sure and what stood out was that 95% were grey hairs including myself.

Going to work half a day and drive to Casper which is deep into Cheney Land and visit my favorite aunt who is my only aunt now. Won't be able to do this so much later so I need to do it now while I have gas money. My Aunt Bernie treats here nephew soooo nice I always feel special.

That's the plan if there is one. Lot of driving going on and towards the end of next week down to the ranch to work on the place I will live.

Have a another great weekend and thanks for coming by and seeing what this bald headed old fart is up to.

OF

BTW
Just like last year when I asked people if they knew who Karl Rove was - I asked a few about Sy Hersch and of course no one absolutely no one knows who this man is. Our problems go deeper than deep I tell you.

10 comments:

  1. Hope you got some relaxation on the course. I do love to talk politics on the golf course too. Sad to say that I've met few others who also enjoy the combination of the two. Makes those whacks really resound though!

    I met Sy in Key West in the mid-90's and just fell in love with him all over again. Hope he hasn't changed too much as he was a real special presence then amidst the madness overtaking the Clinton admin. His knowledge and experience make him one of the best political speakers ever, and you know I tout him and his books whenever I can on my blog.

    Sounds like you're in countdown mode now. Enjoy your visit!

    S

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Susan - I sent you an e-mail.

    ReplyDelete
  3. CheneyLand: Isn't that the home of Veepenstein?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That it is and the HS is named after this killer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning amigo. I don't know who Karl Rove is, nor Sy Somebodyorother, neither. On the other hand I'm betting they don't know who I am, either, which amounts to a Mexican standoff. Not as bad it it might seem.

    Hope you have a great trip and safe return.

    J

    ReplyDelete
  6. Karl Rove is a symbol for the kid no one could stand to be around in school. He seems pretty quiet lately. Makes me wonder what he's up to....

    I like Seymour Hersh, though. He's spent his life talking truth to power, with almost no one listening. People do not want to confront their own undoing. They prefer to sit silently and then bemoan the state of things.

    My mood needs elevating, obviously.

    Have a good trip to Aunt Bernie's in Casper.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good morning to you to Jules. FYI there buddy you get a pass on this.
    OF

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't know who Sy Hersh is, but I sure like the name Hersh as it was my grandfather's first name too. It is a jewish name.

    Your header as usual is awsome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. And he is Jewish and comes to visit. He's one of the last true journalists Duta.

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete