4/16/17
This is Bistek al la Mexicana a common dish found many places. There are several places I get this some better than others but all real decent! Kind of a tomato based sauce with generally pretty tender pieces of beef and a fair amount of it. The rice is pretty generic but the frijoles can be something else. This also includes as many fresh made in front of you tortillas you want and brought to you with a smile. Something like this costs around 50-60 pesos or $3. The squeezed as you watch orange juice is 20 and brings the price up a bit but worth it. Nothing in the States I've ever had compares to this not even close plus it'll cost 7-10 smacks. I don't know what I'm going to eat when I return. It will be an adjustment as I do this so much that is go into Puerto Vallarta on the south side and have me a excellent lunch with "real" Mexican food not the slop I get back there. I do not plan on eating out much at all only at maybe three select places. Pricey yes but worth it because it's so good. I threw away so much money last summer eating way overpriced shitty food. Several times the food got thrown away as well. The whole of Mexico is an eating machine I tell you. I'm gonna miss this.

I feel good and and think the higher temps and humidity contributes to that. It's the same every time. After a month or two you realize and say " Hey I feel pretty damn good!"

Just as important I believe the food made fresh with wholesome fresh ingredients as well contributes to that. Get off the bus in town the food smells everywhere make me hungry just like that.

12/12/11

Of Course The Badges Did This


I remember this and like so many times victims are made victims again by the very ones who are suppose to "Serve and Protect".  Time for most of them to get kicked off that pedestal. Here you can find out what other crimes have been committed by those who carry badges/guns/clubs/spray/dogs etc to protect us. Ya right! LINK

Another local story where a new sheriff beat the living shit outta someone who certainly did not deserve it.

2 comments:

  1. It's this kind of stuff that just makes me crazy with anger. When did cops become thugs? Homeland Security and all the money they devoted to it, with police departments beefing things up, has led to this police state we live in. And their selection process has been left wanting, Big Time. More than likely, it's a hiring process fueled by friends and family. They're a hateful bunch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning
    ME TOO

    In one of the many points that could be made - for the most part when there is interaction with "badges" as it's pretty much all the same - plus they have the guns not us - we are perceived as a threat. Yes that makes me angry because it makes me so damn scared when approached by a person with his hand close to his damn gun.

    As the old saying goes about avoiding something like the plague - that's me.

    ReplyDelete