9/04/18
I drove past this between Salida and Cotopaxi on State Highway 50 in Colorado. I had to turn around and tell whoever that I stood with them totally assuming I was correct. I was and got the biggest hug of appreciation for doing so.

From my understanding, there are close to 3000 children being held around this country after being seized from their parents at the border.

Many will never see their Mom and Dad again because Republicans are totally evil.

You bastards!

11/4/08

The Time Is Apon Us

Four years ago today the situation was similar. Bush so bad it was a no brainer. Look where we're at now with an electorate that has in it 14% undecided and Bush still drunk behind the wheel continuing to reek havoc.

I had said there was a chance there would not be an election but it's going to happen and without question people understand the importance of this election today and the numbers of people who have already voted reflect that.

I continue to be fearful of these Bush bastards and I hope with all my might the numerous roadblocks put in the way of voters will not be enough and that people understand at least the smarter ones that as a country we've gone beyond color when our nations future is at stake.

When one crosses the state line into Colorado you are greeted by one of these signs as I was once again when I returned from a trip. For years seeing these have always made me feel like I was home even though there were still many miles to go before actually getting there.

This will be a better place when this state chooses a Democrat for President and elects another for Senator. It's long overdue for this to happen. These last four years have been worse than many have imagined they would be and have taken forever.

The time is now and with with very cautious optimism I'm hoping Obama kicks the worn out old man's ass out the door and incumbent Repugs across the country are flushed down the shitter where they belong.

That is the hope along with a caveat that I cannot believe it until it actually happens as I have so much distrust for these people it can be no other way for me. If it does this will be a nation filled with relief and overwhelmed with joy that we have a chance to actually make changes needed so badly if this country is going to survive as we know it.

3 comments:

  1. 77 days left for that sonofabitch.
    Hopefully after today we have something positive to look forward to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wife and I voted. By mail - called "absentee ballot" here in Iowa. We've used that method for the last three national elections in an effort to avoid any problems with voting machines.
    Both of us are looking forward to positive results but neither of us is holding our breaths. Still lots of shit to be shoveled.

    ReplyDelete