9/04/18
I drove past this between Salida and Cotopaxi on State Highway 50 in Colorado. I had to turn around and tell whoever that I stood with them totally assuming I was correct. I was and got the biggest hug of appreciation for doing so.

From my understanding, there are close to 3000 children being held around this country after being seized from their parents at the border.

Many will never see their Mom and Dad again because Republicans are totally evil.

You bastards!

11/30/08

Turkey Day Report And Observations

Had an excellent little trip the last four days. Ate very well and saw friends and relatives all over the place driving 800 miles. Paid a buck forty three for gas in Casper more than likely because the Dark One hails from there and they still love his killer ass up there.

The economy is better in Wyoming than other places because of the oil and gas surge. There was an article in the local fish wrapper about how many people from Michigan who are moving there because there are jobs.

There were just not many on the roads until passing through Ft. Collins, Co. then there were many until I got back to home. Stimulated the economy by the tune of $18 at a super Wally World in Casper for a 8 gig flash drive cause I can't find mine. Put them where I knew they could be found easily after after the move. Yea right. There were not many people there for a black Friday nor were there very many shoppers at the numerous malls and other stores along the interstate between Casper and Denver. It looked like an above average shopping day to me.

One person I spoke with had lost their job recently and another told me this will probably be the worst year of business since 911. The people I was with in Wyoming for the most part had jobs some more than one.

When I got close to Cheyenne had some time and thought what the hell I'm going to go see a missile silo. Called my long time bud back here cause he grew in Cheyenne, he'll be able to tell me right where to go. Didn't have a clue. But the exit I pulled off on to call was a half mile away from his parents house where he grew up. That was nice and got a kick out of seeing it.

Down the road a wee bit was some state building and asked this guy who looked smart where I could see a silo. Told me they're out in the boonies and not close at all - oh well next time.

Check out my friends store below because it's way too cool and a great story about his helper pooch Dude.



I have a feeling this bad boy is going to be a present to myself in honor of the next holiday biggy. Very precise and easy to fly for a helicopter because it uses two instead of four axis control. Indestructible and parts are cheap!! Watch this one vibrate as the main shaft is bent but still flys well. Main shaft is 8 bucks - rotor blades a buck. Flys for 12 minutes. Extra battery$20. They told me if you can see it the transmitter will reach it. Will handle very light winds too. Opportunities for massive amounts of good clean fun await I tell you! I'll fly the damn thing out
my second story window down to 9 green and buzz a friends ass when he's ready to putt. How are the crows and whistle pigs going to react? This is going to be good. Costs $180 and will be my contribution to jump starting the economy. Should have got it when I was there but would not allow myself to impulse buy. Super people at the store and they flew me several impressive flying machines for me inside.



Left early this morning as there were going to be winter driving conditions going over two passes. Held up I think four times for accidents and it wasn't even that bad. Flatland monkeys on their way to ski do not know how to drive when the roads aren't dry. In any case it's good to get home and have no plans to go any where very far for a few weeks anyway.

Had a fun time and hope you did too!

6 comments:

  1. I made the mistake of driving through downtown Federal Way tonight, which is just one big honking shopping district. It didn't look all that busy. This looks like a slow year for retail businesses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Cornfielder: FYI, there is a former silo just about 10 miles off I-25 by Greeley. It is a a place known now as Missle Silo Park, and it is nearly exactly at the place where Hwy 34 splits west of Greeley. The construct of the silo is still in place, but the missle has been gone for years. There is a caretaker that lives on site, and in the past, he has even done tours of the silo itself. This spot was hit by the tornado that clobbered Windsor last spring, and I'm not sure what the status of that is now. You can still drive in there and drive around the silo even today, but it is fenced off/locked up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My pleasure. The silo itself wasn't even nicked by the tornado, but the caretaker's house was demolished, and the only fatality from that storm happened right there on that propery...a transient fella who was camping in the wrong place at the wrong time. Caretaker's place has been replaced (modular), and there is some other kind of work happening there now, I'm not sure if it is just well drilling or engineering analysis, or something else. But I think the tour thing may fire back up sometime in the near future. It is reported to be a relatively detailed tour of the silo, complete with commentary from the caretaker. Hwy 34 divides about 10 miles west of I-25. If you go straight, you go to south Greeley, 28th Street also known as the business bypass. Take the fork in the road leading to West 10th Street or North Greeley up on the overpass. Silo Park signs will begin to show up there.

    http://www.co.weld.co.us/departments/buildings-grounds.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Make that 10 miles east, also Google Missile Sile Park, Greeley Colorado

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is even better. If I make it down to the front range over the holidays will try to make it out there even though it won't be open. I want that tour.

    Thank you for your effort Jim! tb

    ReplyDelete