4/16/17
This is Bistek al la Mexicana a common dish found many places. There are several places I get this some better than others but all real decent! Kind of a tomato based sauce with generally pretty tender pieces of beef and a fair amount of it. The rice is pretty generic but the frijoles can be something else. This also includes as many fresh made in front of you tortillas you want and brought to you with a smile. Something like this costs around 50-60 pesos or $3. The squeezed as you watch orange juice is 20 and brings the price up a bit but worth it. Nothing in the States I've ever had compares to this not even close plus it'll cost 7-10 smacks. I don't know what I'm going to eat when I return. It will be an adjustment as I do this so much that is go into Puerto Vallarta on the south side and have me a excellent lunch with "real" Mexican food not the slop I get back there. I do not plan on eating out much at all only at maybe three select places. Pricey yes but worth it because it's so good. I threw away so much money last summer eating way overpriced shitty food. Several times the food got thrown away as well. The whole of Mexico is an eating machine I tell you. I'm gonna miss this.

I feel good and and think the higher temps and humidity contributes to that. It's the same every time. After a month or two you realize and say " Hey I feel pretty damn good!"

Just as important I believe the food made fresh with wholesome fresh ingredients as well contributes to that. Get off the bus in town the food smells everywhere make me hungry just like that.

12/24/08

POWDER!!

Originally posted almost a year ago on 12/27 and because yesterday 20+ inches of the champagne stuff fell the holiday crowd has it very good and this economy needs all the help it can get.

I like the third video and the song. The title is Skateboard done by Call and Response



This summer was turned on to a site with a number of boarder videos some that were done here. Was hesitant initially to post any because did not want to open the door to any attempt that might curtail this activity but this is fun stuff and way too good not to share. These came from Flight Plan Films and the movie archive is here.

It's my understanding "The Oak Creek Rail" is an icon for many boarders from here and other places.


My Dad always told me that you had to make your own fun. There was a bit of work that went into making this fun.


Like this one a bunch in particular the song. What is it? A lot of work went into this too plus there is some pretty decent driving skills shown also. Notice how long the approach trail/road is.


I have not seen Izzy since the time we worked together a few years ago. It's good to see her here. Hi Izzy.


Coulda woulda shouda but in a different time I wouda been a boarder. You guys Rock!!

5 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas.
    You have been tagged.

    http://ornerybastard.blogspot.com/

    Bustednuckles

    ReplyDelete
  2. One Fly and Busted Knuckles,

    The 2008 Golden Monkeyfist Awards have been posted. Plenty of folks you know are on the list!

    It can be found, here:
    http://monkeyfister.blogspot.com/2008/12/2008-golden-monkeyfist-awards.html

    Merry Christmas!

    --mf

    ReplyDelete
  3. ???

    I don't remember tagging anyone today?!

    I just stopped in just now to congratulate you on your Golden Monkeyfist!

    Right on Buddy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You didn't Busted - this is from last year. You can rest easy now.

    Thanks and pat yourself on the back.

    ReplyDelete