9/04/18
I drove past this between Salida and Cotopaxi on State Highway 50 in Colorado. I had to turn around and tell whoever that I stood with them totally assuming I was correct. I was and got the biggest hug of appreciation for doing so.

From my understanding, there are close to 3000 children being held around this country after being seized from their parents at the border.

Many will never see their Mom and Dad again because Republicans are totally evil.

You bastards!

12/15/08

This Has Gotta Hurt

US anti-kidnap expert kidnapped in Mexico

If someone wants to fuck with you chances are good they'll get it done. The same here the example being that if our government wants you they can do whatever they want and there's not a damn thing you can do about it.

6 comments:

  1. Ouch, this story hurts me. But I'm glad I read it. Thanks for posting. BTW, I agree with your conclusion. I'm getting more pessimistic about the rule of law all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope we get our rights restored but will believe it when it happens.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think One Fly's point was a good one, PM Prescott. If this guy could be kidnapped, just about anyone could. The government has nearly infinite resources compared to even its richest citizens. If they want you badly enough, they can get you. Your only hope, I think, is to stay hidden, and even that must be pretty damn difficult by now.

    We gave the government this power with the understanding that they wouldn't abuse it. Somehow, we thought eliminating illegal drug use and terrorism was worth being completely at their mercy. They are now abusing that power. That's the problem.

    I'm sure I'm preaching to the choir here, but this is what worries me about what has happened in the last few years.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you're worried Cujo then I'm really worried.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I fear that there may be no "safe" place to hide. Someone somewhere will know something.

    RW

    ReplyDelete