9/04/18
I drove past this between Salida and Cotopaxi on State Highway 50 in Colorado. I had to turn around and tell whoever that I stood with them totally assuming I was correct. I was and got the biggest hug of appreciation for doing so.

From my understanding, there are close to 3000 children being held around this country after being seized from their parents at the border.

Many will never see their Mom and Dad again because Republicans are totally evil.

You bastards!

1/2/10

Feeling Intimidated Not Safer

What I heard about Nogales up here is true. It is devastated in Mexico although I did not cross the border to see for myself. What used to be a vibrant place for Americans to shop and dine is no more.

This picture was taken between Patagonia and Nogales just a few miles north of the border. There was a strong presence of Border Patrol as you can imagine.


We saw previously in another place and came upon a checkpoint right on the interstate some 30 miles north of the border.


This was unnerving to say the least. The fucking dogs are to the right of the vehicle. It time to end this war against Americans so we can drive freely around our country without being subjected to tactics like this because marijuana is illegal.


7 comments:

  1. Given our present mania about illegal immigration, I suspect these folks would be there even if marijuana and all illicit drugs were legalized.

    It looks like things are getting worse down there. A few years ago, I encountered a Border Patrol station on the way to White Sands National Monument. It's hard to imagine as much nothing in one place as there is on that road. It's a long way (roughly 100 miles) from the border. Yet the BP had a full time station there to check to see if you look Mexican.

    I take it as a sign of an encroaching police state. Legalizing marijuana is a good idea, but there are so many other reasons that this sort of thing is going on that I think that's a whole other kettle of fish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have them up our way also...

    http://www.adirondackalmanack.com/2009/07/northway-checkpoint-still-active.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. With the Fruit of the Loom Bomber I think it's more than pot. I agree with Cujo on this except the word encroaching. I think we've already been encroached; good and proper, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad I did not miss this post. Yes, that is life on the border. And Cujo is right: they're searching for unauthorized immigrants as well as drugs. But the whole thing is rather unnerving. When a public bus passes thru a checkpoint the agents enter the bus and make everyone who is not a citizen show their documents.
    Sometimes I have to show mine, too. You have to do whatever they say.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It reminds me of what I experienced in West Africa and it was much worse if you were from there. The next logical progression in the way this works are the bribes paid to proceed.

    And you do not dare to resist and or protest.

    Let's use these same tactics around the beltway and the hill looking for the same thing - heh?

    ReplyDelete