9/04/18
I drove past this between Salida and Cotopaxi on State Highway 50 in Colorado. I had to turn around and tell whoever that I stood with them totally assuming I was correct. I was and got the biggest hug of appreciation for doing so.

From my understanding, there are close to 3000 children being held around this country after being seized from their parents at the border.

Many will never see their Mom and Dad again because Republicans are totally evil.

You bastards!

1/6/10

Death In A Tree Well

It happened again yesterday with a very experienced skier who was also an instructor. A post from almost two years ago describes what this about and just how lethal this situation can be if you screw up. It's that simple and that deadly. Two years ago two people died within 10 ten days of each other. Said it back then and saying it again-this really sucks.


1/26/08

Unfortunate to say the least

This is the second one in ten days. At lunch today talking about the first with a good friend and former ski patroller he related several stories he experienced with skiers who fell into tree wells. Exactly what Bill said a few hours ago happened two hours after we talked. You're alone and go in and it's head first and can't get out you are dead. Even with a partner that may not be enough as that is what happened today. His bud couldn't get him out and he didn't make it. That really sucks.

2 comments:

  1. been there and I'm lucky I am here, 1975, skiing at Taos over in Kachina bowl in the chutes and it is frightening. Lost my balance going by this tree and got sucked in. It's like a black hole made of white stuff. Luckily I grabbed a branch and got my feet below my head and god knows how long it took me to crawl out. Maybe 6-7 feet of fluffy powder gives you nothing to grab onto. Your first reaction is to use your arms, but the solution was to use my feet with Miller powder skiis, which are wider than any akiis at the time and sidestep out. How quickly skiing your dream run can turn from magic to tragic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I about bought it in a grain bin. Scared me so bad and I'm lucky to have gotten out alive. It's scary reading your story.

    ReplyDelete