4/16/17
This is Bistek al la Mexicana a common dish found many places. There are several places I get this some better than others but all real decent! Kind of a tomato based sauce with generally pretty tender pieces of beef and a fair amount of it. The rice is pretty generic but the frijoles can be something else. This also includes as many fresh made in front of you tortillas you want and brought to you with a smile. Something like this costs around 50-60 pesos or $3. The squeezed as you watch orange juice is 20 and brings the price up a bit but worth it. Nothing in the States I've ever had compares to this not even close plus it'll cost 7-10 smacks. I don't know what I'm going to eat when I return. It will be an adjustment as I do this so much that is go into Puerto Vallarta on the south side and have me a excellent lunch with "real" Mexican food not the slop I get back there. I do not plan on eating out much at all only at maybe three select places. Pricey yes but worth it because it's so good. I threw away so much money last summer eating way overpriced shitty food. Several times the food got thrown away as well. The whole of Mexico is an eating machine I tell you. I'm gonna miss this.

I feel good and and think the higher temps and humidity contributes to that. It's the same every time. After a month or two you realize and say " Hey I feel pretty damn good!"

Just as important I believe the food made fresh with wholesome fresh ingredients as well contributes to that. Get off the bus in town the food smells everywhere make me hungry just like that.

1/11/10

Those Opposed To Medicinal Marijuana Need It Themselves

If they partook a bit of this herb it's possible they could stop from shitting their pants in fear so they could get used to the fact that the times they are a changing like it or not.

Some dark age rhetoric from a Denver councilman and similar nutter nonsense from the owner of the piece. Using fear as the usual tactic the whole article is slanted.

Not that I have the slightest problem with someone wanting to get completely baked out of his mind. He wants to make sure permit holders get quality weed grown right here in Colorado and not from some gun-toting Mexican drug cartel that could be treating the dope with God knows what.

And now the badges and the suits with guns have entered the fray-

1 comment:

  1. This is all about revenue or more precisely; potential lost revenue. When Big Law Enforcement loses money and the Police/Industrial/ Prison Complex can't squeeze people or put them in debtor's prison they act out; squeeling like the pigs they have been for 40 years. Cops are just protecting their cash cow- if they wouldn't of become cops they would of worked for The Mob, shaking poor people down. Smoke some pot, take a walk and be prepared to be fooled again.

    ReplyDelete