4/16/17
This is Bistek al la Mexicana a common dish found many places. There are several places I get this some better than others but all real decent! Kind of a tomato based sauce with generally pretty tender pieces of beef and a fair amount of it. The rice is pretty generic but the frijoles can be something else. This also includes as many fresh made in front of you tortillas you want and brought to you with a smile. Something like this costs around 50-60 pesos or $3. The squeezed as you watch orange juice is 20 and brings the price up a bit but worth it. Nothing in the States I've ever had compares to this not even close plus it'll cost 7-10 smacks. I don't know what I'm going to eat when I return. It will be an adjustment as I do this so much that is go into Puerto Vallarta on the south side and have me a excellent lunch with "real" Mexican food not the slop I get back there. I do not plan on eating out much at all only at maybe three select places. Pricey yes but worth it because it's so good. I threw away so much money last summer eating way overpriced shitty food. Several times the food got thrown away as well. The whole of Mexico is an eating machine I tell you. I'm gonna miss this.

I feel good and and think the higher temps and humidity contributes to that. It's the same every time. After a month or two you realize and say " Hey I feel pretty damn good!"

Just as important I believe the food made fresh with wholesome fresh ingredients as well contributes to that. Get off the bus in town the food smells everywhere make me hungry just like that.

4/3/11

From Yesterday











4 comments:

  1. Beee-oo-ti-ful. Looks like great fun. I love those old twisted cedar juniper and that photo of the one growing over the rock outcropping, above the train and along the river. Very nice.

    Speaking of springtime in the Rockies: that snow actually looks pretty. Is the malamute (?) yours?

    Good Lord, I noticed your feeder and with my viewing of your photos I look like a stalker... :(

    Nice photos anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are too kind and I thank you for that. Rather than rambling just for the hell of it put a small amount of text on the pictures instead. I'm surprised I came away with so many decent ones. It was kinda hard to choose. I was hoping to see a flower of some kind but there was none. Did see a butterfly and the wind was howling.

    When the grass is green and you have shorts on the snow in the Flattops looks even better.

    The hound is not mine and he don't like me and I don't like him. It's 35* and dumping. I'm not going anywhere. Have fun today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fly, where were these taken? Do you have a book of your work?

    ReplyDelete
  4. As the crow flies Cletis using google earth from where the road (what is known as the Colorado River road)crosses the river in Burns just three miles north where the road cross the river again. There on the bridge is a 360 view and from there you can see the bluff above the river where these were taken.

    ReplyDelete