4/16/17
This is Bistek al la Mexicana a common dish found many places. There are several places I get this some better than others but all real decent! Kind of a tomato based sauce with generally pretty tender pieces of beef and a fair amount of it. The rice is pretty generic but the frijoles can be something else. This also includes as many fresh made in front of you tortillas you want and brought to you with a smile. Something like this costs around 50-60 pesos or $3. The squeezed as you watch orange juice is 20 and brings the price up a bit but worth it. Nothing in the States I've ever had compares to this not even close plus it'll cost 7-10 smacks. I don't know what I'm going to eat when I return. It will be an adjustment as I do this so much that is go into Puerto Vallarta on the south side and have me a excellent lunch with "real" Mexican food not the slop I get back there. I do not plan on eating out much at all only at maybe three select places. Pricey yes but worth it because it's so good. I threw away so much money last summer eating way overpriced shitty food. Several times the food got thrown away as well. The whole of Mexico is an eating machine I tell you. I'm gonna miss this.

I feel good and and think the higher temps and humidity contributes to that. It's the same every time. After a month or two you realize and say " Hey I feel pretty damn good!"

Just as important I believe the food made fresh with wholesome fresh ingredients as well contributes to that. Get off the bus in town the food smells everywhere make me hungry just like that.

3/17/12

Ironic And Probably Not The First Time

Did not know of this until a week later and got down to it a couple days ago. It's like 6 miles south of here. Last week there was one parked on the siding for several days which was part of the train that derailed.  That must have been damaged but didn't notice anything.  They don't look good on the ground that's for sure.



In a way  this reminds me of my uncle's Leader Dog who himself became blind.

To get to where this happened their is a back way. That back way is still there but now features a locked gate that I do not have a key to. But I do have a smaller motorcycle that goes under fences quite nicely quickly and easily. That back way comes out on a county road. About 3.5 miles away. To drive from here to the same spot is 18 miles. From that point it was still 2.5 miles away and I rode right to it. If I had driven it would have been 16.5 plus two miles walking just one way.

Cross posted @ The Picture Place

2 comments:

  1. So it was the wind that did it in? Or the train just derailed? The irony of a propeller being destroyed by the wind appeals to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's true Jan and I think it's blowing about 50 right now maybe more. There is a turbine just south of Pueblo at a factory where the towers are made. Where these blades are made I do not know nor if the stand and these blades have anything to do with one and another. They blades weren't turning when I left town probably because the wind was blowing too hard maybe?? They don't look that big until you get up close.

      Delete