9/04/18
I drove past this between Salida and Cotopaxi on State Highway 50 in Colorado. I had to turn around and tell whoever that I stood with them totally assuming I was correct. I was and got the biggest hug of appreciation for doing so.

From my understanding, there are close to 3000 children being held around this country after being seized from their parents at the border.

Many will never see their Mom and Dad again because Republicans are totally evil.

You bastards!

4/11/08

Glad It's Over

I have been waiting for this time to come. No longer a member of the town board. It's a relief for sure. My last meeting would have been three minutes in length if it had not have been for a vindictive monkey who thinks he has a brain. Stayed for the real meeting after the new members were sworn in just in case the same monkey needed to be slapped because he was also bitching whining and crying about something else. What a horse's ass and there have been plenty of those over the last year and a half. I was appointed and did not seek or care to have any more time at that table.

Five of the seven seats are held by competent progressives. Feel good about that. Several times things became very intense and it made a difficult job at best crazy hard. The amount of paper one deals with even for a small town is tremendous combined with need to participate in other organizations that if one takes positions like this seriously there's so much to do it can be overwhelming at times. Good things were done and groundwork prepared for the future. We demanded accountability when needed and boy did that piss some people off. Fuck them and the horse they rode in on. The bitchers and moaners get old real quick.

The correlations between small local government and the one in Washington is what I found interesting. A good rule of thumb is to do the opposite what those guys do and you will come out otay. Even at this level there were times when there was pressure not to do certain things because of the possible ramifications even though it was the right thing to do. I understand that and also have a new found bit of respect for some in public office and a whole bunch for the good ones.

The point I wish to make is this. Yes I understand enough to know why politicians in DC may do some of the things they do and that may or may not be right but I understand. You will never get my understanding on the issue of Iraq never fucking ever!! This is fundamental basic shit on what is right and wrong. In the realm of common sense it is wrong to invade and occupy another country based on lies. You can get a bit of a pass by saying you didn't know and believed what a few were saying in the lead up to Iraq. But when the lies were finally revealed that's a whole new ballgame. No goddamn pass at all never fucking ever. You have screwed my country by not getting us out of there. Sonsofbitches anyway.

6 comments:

  1. You didn't mention the best part, now that you know what goes on and how it works you can go fuck with the fuckers from the outside.
    I was in a similar situation, trying to save a certain organization's ass and there was never a shortage of motherfuckers at the meetings to nit pick and back bite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 100% correct Busted I didn't mention that and plan to do so starting this weekend. Now I can say things I couldn't before and some of these dumb fucks will now hear a few things.

    Also didn't say I will continue to participate however I can to make a positive contribution to this community.

    Thanks for bringing that up.tb

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love that picture too -- on the masthead!

    sorry to hear about your dad --- peace to you and your family

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am confused....One Fly, what are you really mad about.Be glad for your experience,it has enriched your perspective, you have knowledge that alot of residents would love to have!If mistreated in this endeavor, you are a stronger person for it.I worry about our little town, and our troops, may justice be served swiftly, and those who deserve the product of their karma "GET WHAT THEY DESERVE"Be patient my friend it will happen.Love your country,fear your government.
    Peace

    ReplyDelete
  5. oraclejlb- Thought it was clear what pisses me off more than anything that is a few crazy bastards taking our country to war on lies.

    Never said or implied there was any mistreatment.

    You are correct about the rest and I'm better off for it for sure and better informed and educated.

    You are also correct about the worry part as there are several things that make the future look none too bright for us.

    I do fear my government and hope you are right that some will get what they deserve.

    I did forget to say that I will continue to participate but in other ways and wish others would do so too rather than the same people doing most of it.

    Thanks for the kind thoughts. tb

    ReplyDelete