9/04/18
I drove past this between Salida and Cotopaxi on State Highway 50 in Colorado. I had to turn around and tell whoever that I stood with them totally assuming I was correct. I was and got the biggest hug of appreciation for doing so.

From my understanding, there are close to 3000 children being held around this country after being seized from their parents at the border.

Many will never see their Mom and Dad again because Republicans are totally evil.

You bastards!

8/27/09

Tortilla Wrappers - Beer - Spam And Those Tell Tale Tuna Cans = International Drug Cartels

And if you see this on trails while hiking in our national forests you damn well better "quickly hike away and call authorities".

I don't want to downplay danger involved with drugs that at this time are illegal but there is another issue here.

The title- International drug cartels infiltrating Colorado's national forests
Authorities have seized nearly 20,000 marijuana plants from national forest land in Colorado this summer, part of an apparent expansion of growing operations funded and run by international drug cartels.

First if people are in danger as this states and cartel's are involved (note the plural) then add more bullets in the holster for the decriminalization or legalization of marijuana.

Maybe this is so maybe not and maybe this is part of Saddam's final solution via the white house for what ever the reason.

People have and will continue to grow pot in our national forests and there have been some sizable plots of this before.

My bitch is nowhere in the article is there one damn piece of evidence to support the numerous claims of cartels. Not even fucking close to it.

If you can't produce a fact then it's speculation and an opinion and not news. This belongs in the editorial section until it becomes news supported by facts.

Maybe this is not part of Journalism 101 I wouldn't know but to me having learned what I did in a cornfield it makes sense that it should be.

More newspapers deserve to go broke as shit like this is in print all over. In this case the paper is the Denver Post the only player in town since the News shit the bed early this year.

9 comments:

  1. Most good Mr. Green Genes is grown on private property by very well financed and knowledgeable people. OTC knows that we lost a good friend, his wife a best buddy in Hawaii because at 20 they thought being pot pirates was a harmlees prank. Three dead bodies later: not so much!! The cartels to worry about could not function without the express unwritten consent of our gov't. I'm ambivalent about growing pot in parks, period: with a medical marijuana card you can grow 5-6 lbs. legally in the Northwest U.S.: that's about all I could handle in any given year. Finally, if you shoot and miss me I'll become a tree and strangle you with my branches in my own good time. Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I am going to move to the Northwest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, we have Yosemite and they are always busting up a growing operation every month.

    The Denver Post is a rightwing rag ain't it? Judging by this story they are anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ps...I love your macro photo of the dragon fly!!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Actually, "cartel's" denotes the possessive. "cartels" would be the plural.

    I humbly submit that the world needs newspapers, journalists and editors. I've worked for 20 years trying to inform people and provide useful information. The pay is shit on a good day. These days, word jobs are scarce and, what are we writers and editors to do? Get sales jobs? Is that part of the utopia the author of this blog desires? More sales droids?

    Please... think about it: Saying all newspapers should be wiped out because of one mediocre article in one paper is like saying that all vets should be run out of business because your friend's friend's dog got hit by a car.

    Though I concede that much of the news I read is so poorly written that it makes me cringe.

    The post isn't "right-wing" it's just hanging on. More then a century ago, the Post helped to define the "yellow journalism" era. That sorta planted the demon seed we now know as Fox news.

    Before the Rocky folded last year, both papers were essentially run by the same company: Scripps Howard. Now, the Post is restructuring its debts and distancing itself from SH.

    Though the article you reference does indeed suck, I was very pleased with this story about medical marijuana users being ousted from federal housing due to the conflict between state and federal law.
    http://www.denverpost.com/ci_13219609

    What do you think fellas? Should this journalist live?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yo Dusty, thanks-those are fun aren't they. Mowing greens today took a video and pictures of a bald faced hornet batting a big ass ant. They could be pretty good-I'll find out when I get home.

    Anon-I'll be bock

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anon- I wasn't too good in school and will try to remember the lesson about plurals.

    Never said squat about writers taking sales jobs and really dislike when others think they know what I am thinking.

    Never said all papers should go broke and I also very much dislike others stating things I said but did not.

    If it was you that penned the linked to article then you can live for a while longer.

    I'd like to know more about the yellow part.

    Thanks for visiting and your input!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those drug cartels are marking their territory in PA, too. Just think about all that pot that is planted in between the rows of corn.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I thought locals planted pot in the corn.

    ReplyDelete