9/04/18
I drove past this between Salida and Cotopaxi on State Highway 50 in Colorado. I had to turn around and tell whoever that I stood with them totally assuming I was correct. I was and got the biggest hug of appreciation for doing so.

From my understanding, there are close to 3000 children being held around this country after being seized from their parents at the border.

Many will never see their Mom and Dad again because Republicans are totally evil.

You bastards!

3/8/08

LeStat the Cat aka DOGCAT

I really like cats but don't have one. You will totally enjoy as I did this article on Dogcat.

UPDATE 2/5/15
Putting the text up of the article. Too good to have to go look at.


  — Lestat the cat, also known as "Dogcat," gets invited to parties that his owners, Allen and Kathy Brandon, are not even invited to.
"But we tag along too," Allen said. "Lestat has quite a fan club. He also gets cards and letters and postcards sent to 'Dogcat', because he is so much like a dog."
Lestat was adopted from the Cheyenne Animal Shelter. He intimidated the dog and was too playful with the children in the first family he was raised with. The Brandons think he was named after author Anne Rice's character, Lestat.
"I recall in 'Interview With The Vampire', someone told me the vampire became more white after he became more nourished and drank blood," Allen said.
Lestat is a white Ragdoll cat, who likes to ride in the car and the backpack when the Brandons go hiking. He also is "quite the king of watching magpies," and plays fetch.
"He would greet you by bounding in the air and jumping into your arms," Allen said. "He would also do pirouettes and stand on his hind legs and dance around."
His neighbors are so enamored of him that Lestat received a blue leash as a gift from one of them, to match his blue eyes.
"I think it's just because people are so intrigued by him, because he's kind of like a dog," Allen said. "If he was the size of a Labrador, that would be really cool because it would fit his personality perfectly."
Lestat goes on most vacations with the Brandons, and is so personable that he often receives more attention than his owners.
"A lot of our friends, when we run into them, they ask, 'how's Dogcat?' before they even ask how we are doing," Allen said.

2 comments:

  1. i have to say i love my cat -- and he does think like a dog, but acts like a cat

    right now he is sleeping next to the keyboard....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too funny, I had a cat like that once, Shithead.
    She was a great cat.
    She would fetch sometimes and followed me around just like a dog.
    She would follow me down to the bar and sit right outside the glass door and wait for me.
    If I took her out in the woods she was all over the place, just like a dog, sniffing and peeing. Hysterical to watch. She even got into a boxing match one time with a pigeon that adopted me.
    Unfortunately, Shithead got turned into a road pizza one day, crossing the street going to the bar looking for me while I was out of town one day.
    Great cat.

    ReplyDelete