4/16/17
This is Bistek al la Mexicana a common dish found many places. There are several places I get this some better than others but all real decent! Kind of a tomato based sauce with generally pretty tender pieces of beef and a fair amount of it. The rice is pretty generic but the frijoles can be something else. This also includes as many fresh made in front of you tortillas you want and brought to you with a smile. Something like this costs around 50-60 pesos or $3. The squeezed as you watch orange juice is 20 and brings the price up a bit but worth it. Nothing in the States I've ever had compares to this not even close plus it'll cost 7-10 smacks. I don't know what I'm going to eat when I return. It will be an adjustment as I do this so much that is go into Puerto Vallarta on the south side and have me a excellent lunch with "real" Mexican food not the slop I get back there. I do not plan on eating out much at all only at maybe three select places. Pricey yes but worth it because it's so good. I threw away so much money last summer eating way overpriced shitty food. Several times the food got thrown away as well. The whole of Mexico is an eating machine I tell you. I'm gonna miss this.

I feel good and and think the higher temps and humidity contributes to that. It's the same every time. After a month or two you realize and say " Hey I feel pretty damn good!"

Just as important I believe the food made fresh with wholesome fresh ingredients as well contributes to that. Get off the bus in town the food smells everywhere make me hungry just like that.

9/24/09

Careful What You Bring Home From The Library

Who woulda thunk

Denver Public Library has banned one of its most avid users for spreading the tiny insects in volumes of obscure literature that he borrows each week.

Three times since Sept. 3, the city has quarantined and fumigated four areas of its main branch. Thirty-one books have been destroyed in efforts to contain the infestation of bugs and their larvae and droppings.

The problem threatens books not only in Denver's system, but those in libraries throughout Colorado.

"It's everybody's collections and everybody's homes at risk," says Tom Scott, manager of security and safety

The fellow who was banned is all pissed off. The thought of having these things on me is so gross and this asshole is feeling picked on. I'm so sick of dumb fuckers who are in the wrong constantly complaining and whining that they are special.

Kiss my ass!!

2 comments:

  1. This guy blames it on his church; in this case the Catholic archdiosee of Denver. The nerve of some people. The next thing to happen will be pedophilic priests blaming their church for their disease because of the repressive, homophobic, women-denigrating actions of their chosen leaders. When will the MSM quit focusing on the Catholic church and let it go back to its' molesting outside the limelight? Where's the justice?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I missed that cuz I was in a hurry. That had some good mileage in it.

    ReplyDelete