4/16/17
This is Bistek al la Mexicana a common dish found many places. There are several places I get this some better than others but all real decent! Kind of a tomato based sauce with generally pretty tender pieces of beef and a fair amount of it. The rice is pretty generic but the frijoles can be something else. This also includes as many fresh made in front of you tortillas you want and brought to you with a smile. Something like this costs around 50-60 pesos or $3. The squeezed as you watch orange juice is 20 and brings the price up a bit but worth it. Nothing in the States I've ever had compares to this not even close plus it'll cost 7-10 smacks. I don't know what I'm going to eat when I return. It will be an adjustment as I do this so much that is go into Puerto Vallarta on the south side and have me a excellent lunch with "real" Mexican food not the slop I get back there. I do not plan on eating out much at all only at maybe three select places. Pricey yes but worth it because it's so good. I threw away so much money last summer eating way overpriced shitty food. Several times the food got thrown away as well. The whole of Mexico is an eating machine I tell you. I'm gonna miss this.

I feel good and and think the higher temps and humidity contributes to that. It's the same every time. After a month or two you realize and say " Hey I feel pretty damn good!"

Just as important I believe the food made fresh with wholesome fresh ingredients as well contributes to that. Get off the bus in town the food smells everywhere make me hungry just like that.

7/19/11

Swill For The Sheep - All Secret Ya See

This isn't even the whore AP but there is nothing secret about our latest new war front. It's no other country's conflict except ours and bama the peace prize winner holds the title of "owner" on this. Stick the "secret" where the sun don't shine.  

4 comments:

  1. Yep.

    We was had.

    Are you on the bus or off the bus?

    Love ya,

    S

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhhh, the Shock Doctrine moves in for the kill.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've set a middling big job of work for yourself trying to narrow down the latest war front, seems to me. Keeping it broad and simple is how I free such complications from my lack of understanding:

    "The latest war front?", I asks myself.

    "Anyone on earth who gets in the way and doesn't have nukes!", I smiles perlightly and answers.

    I've been trying to find a way to locate whatever you might have posted about your trip to the 4 Corners. Care to offer up a link, or a post about some other aspect of it containing a link to an older post?

    Thankee podner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's hard to keep track of all those damn fronts ya know but that's why we don,t have to think about that when we have a war machine taking care of all this for us while we watch dem reality shows. After all the sheep are bleating for more and more.

    Jules - I left a link over at your place for you answer. Hope you are entertained a bit. Everyone have a good weekend and thanks!

    ReplyDelete