9/04/18
I drove past this between Salida and Cotopaxi on State Highway 50 in Colorado. I had to turn around and tell whoever that I stood with them totally assuming I was correct. I was and got the biggest hug of appreciation for doing so.

From my understanding, there are close to 3000 children being held around this country after being seized from their parents at the border.

Many will never see their Mom and Dad again because Republicans are totally evil.

You bastards!

10/24/09

Soon One Fly Will No Longer Be A Law Breaker

For almost four decades I have been considered a criminal/lawbreaker in the eyes of the law because my drug of choice happens to be marijuana. That's going to change real soon! So bear with me as I'm going to cop an attitude about this because it's been so god damn long.

40 fucking years is a long time of being portrayed as a person who has a problem because he smokes a bit of ganja. Being portrayed as being less than the rest of society because you use this drug and that there is inherently something wrong with it and that it affects you in a negative way. It's okay to be the town drunk or a closet alcoholic that everybody knows about but smoke a little pot and you become a bad person in the eyes of the do-gooders. 40 fucking years is a lifetime for some and the negative claims are for the most part lies. Now in 16 states medicine chest drugs cause more deaths on the highway than alcohol. Give us a fucking break here ya dumb ass imbeciles who have the power to make common sense change.

The propaganda against marijuana started a course years ago with a racist agenda that I am sure you are well aware of. That effort of misinformation continued and continues today for several reasons but the bottom line is that it's all about money with the drug war being the major player.

I think of all the people in this country sitting in jail some with life sentences for possession of marijuana. I think of what one rouge undercover officer did in Tulia Texas to mostly black people. Luckily most of those people have been released but this kind shit still goes on.

Our elected officials on this issue as well are so whored out to corporations and the police state we as a nation cannot differentiate between marijuana and hemp. That's how fucking dumb these people are. A plant that could have had positive dramatic influence for sources of energy and independence from oil producing countries that hold our balls in their hands. But no as usual commonsense and what's right never prevails in this country when corporations are involved along with politicians who should be hung for treason for this kind of shit. It's not just this but other things as well such as benefits to corporations for the outsourcing of jobs and the creation of tax havens for them and the super rich of this country.

Yes it's all grown so very old but change can be made and the process has been started to acquire a medical marijuana card that allows me to possess this plant and the product it produces in accordance with Colorado law.

I am not a criminal and I have never been a criminal. My friends are not criminals and the tens of millions of people who choose to use marijuana are not criminals. There is a growing movement for change that appears to be snowballing in some places particularly here for decades overdue change in this country or states relationship with this plant.

It looks like a month to six weeks before I hold the actual "card" in my hand.

I cannot tell you how much I am looking forward to not being a criminal and I will write about it!

9 comments:

  1. OTC- Get your hands on a really good brownie recipe as most of the medical users here in Oregon take their medicine in this manner. It saves their throats, etc and is great with Ben & Jerrys' " Cherry Garcia". The brownies also are great with a good cup(s) of Stumptown Coffee roasted here in Portland. I would recommend the Breakfast Blend. If I can be of help on the ratios of coffee, ice cream and brownies let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is going to be money that changes the situation because states are looking for money to spend on worthwhile programs and having all of these people in jail for pot is a waste of money. Make it legal and tax it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Long overdue, but at last the realization that Marijuana is benign is sinking in.
    I've long stated that you can have a moral debate about recreational marijuana (though I'm on the side of legalization), but there should be NO debate about medical marijuana for simple humanitarian reasons.
    A long time coming, but a change is coming (and doesn't it make you feel old to know that you and I have been in this fight for 40 years?)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your coming card, Fly. I gave up smoking weed a couple of decades ago, because...

    what are we talking about? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thankfully I'm a pretty healthy guy, but if medical marijuana was legal here in the South, I would find a reason to visit my doctor. Congratulations on a new kind of freedom.

    ReplyDelete
  6. yay to being legal! tis a wonderful feeling one fly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have no idea how glad I am that Harry Anslinger lived to see the drug revolution of the '60s and early '70s. I'm sure when he passed away in 1975, in his mind he thought all the evil he had perpetrated on America was about to be repealed. Of course it wasn't, but Harry never knew that.

    Anslinger and his minions were going after the jazz artists at the time - in fact, to this day, I refer to a joint as a Herbal Jazz Cigarette.

    Congrats on your new found freedom. Unfortunately, I live in Indiana, so unless I move or the feds make it legal, I'll never have the same opportunities.

    By the way, I finally returned to blogging. Albeit it not at Left of Centrist. I now blog at Freeze Dried Gray Matter.com.

    ReplyDelete
  8. just think of the billions spent and the millions of days lost by people in jail

    because the alcohol industry didnt want no weed around.....

    ReplyDelete
  9. A big thanks for that friends!!

    As it is now this doesn't make me feel old but the reality maybe something else before you know it. If there much of a change from how I look at things now it means I'm on my way outta here.

    Nice to hear from you Robert! Like the looks of your new place and have returned the link favor.

    ReplyDelete