4/16/17
This is Bistek al la Mexicana a common dish found many places. There are several places I get this some better than others but all real decent! Kind of a tomato based sauce with generally pretty tender pieces of beef and a fair amount of it. The rice is pretty generic but the frijoles can be something else. This also includes as many fresh made in front of you tortillas you want and brought to you with a smile. Something like this costs around 50-60 pesos or $3. The squeezed as you watch orange juice is 20 and brings the price up a bit but worth it. Nothing in the States I've ever had compares to this not even close plus it'll cost 7-10 smacks. I don't know what I'm going to eat when I return. It will be an adjustment as I do this so much that is go into Puerto Vallarta on the south side and have me a excellent lunch with "real" Mexican food not the slop I get back there. I do not plan on eating out much at all only at maybe three select places. Pricey yes but worth it because it's so good. I threw away so much money last summer eating way overpriced shitty food. Several times the food got thrown away as well. The whole of Mexico is an eating machine I tell you. I'm gonna miss this.

I feel good and and think the higher temps and humidity contributes to that. It's the same every time. After a month or two you realize and say " Hey I feel pretty damn good!"

Just as important I believe the food made fresh with wholesome fresh ingredients as well contributes to that. Get off the bus in town the food smells everywhere make me hungry just like that.

12/29/09

And The Situation Is

Not good-both of us sick! Camper when he arrived and me last night. Damn near ready to head home.

6 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about it, hope you get well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't do what hubby did... waited too long to see the doctor after getting sick. Ended up with H1N1 and pneumonia for five weeks! Doc said if he'd gotten right in to see him, Tamiflu would have worked. He's over it now and we've since both received our H1N1 flu shots.

    Please take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sorryto hear you two are ailing and hope you both recover quickly. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm talking to the cloud guy right now and....

    lost the connection

    looks like you are on your own

    I sometimes wonder if he's for real.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was some very gnarly flu. It came on like Hugh at the mansion and in 4 hours had you in a chokehold, literally. Visitors to Peenicks also get Valley Fever sometimes upon arrival. Very nasty air quality, even the natives say so. Thanks for stopping by and wishing us well.

    ReplyDelete