4/16/17
This is Bistek al la Mexicana a common dish found many places. There are several places I get this some better than others but all real decent! Kind of a tomato based sauce with generally pretty tender pieces of beef and a fair amount of it. The rice is pretty generic but the frijoles can be something else. This also includes as many fresh made in front of you tortillas you want and brought to you with a smile. Something like this costs around 50-60 pesos or $3. The squeezed as you watch orange juice is 20 and brings the price up a bit but worth it. Nothing in the States I've ever had compares to this not even close plus it'll cost 7-10 smacks. I don't know what I'm going to eat when I return. It will be an adjustment as I do this so much that is go into Puerto Vallarta on the south side and have me a excellent lunch with "real" Mexican food not the slop I get back there. I do not plan on eating out much at all only at maybe three select places. Pricey yes but worth it because it's so good. I threw away so much money last summer eating way overpriced shitty food. Several times the food got thrown away as well. The whole of Mexico is an eating machine I tell you. I'm gonna miss this.

I feel good and and think the higher temps and humidity contributes to that. It's the same every time. After a month or two you realize and say " Hey I feel pretty damn good!"

Just as important I believe the food made fresh with wholesome fresh ingredients as well contributes to that. Get off the bus in town the food smells everywhere make me hungry just like that.

12/28/09

What Do Phoenicians Do

The same shit they were doing in the late 80's when I lived there for a few months and that is consume and wash the fucking car. Mine was the only dirty one there.

Sunday went for a fairly long ride say in the northwest part and I was surprised and disappointed that growth had reached almost to the end of the valley and it's my understanding it's almost like that every where else and with the metro population surpassing 6,000,000 that's understandable.

One shopping mall after another with ground work done in preparation for more and more. Millions dependent on most all they need to survive in a super harsh environment meant for many less.

Call me crazy but I just have issues with this as like Vegas. Phoenix was boring as hell way back when and seems even more so now.

4 comments:

  1. Read the Rogue Columnist (http://roguecolumnist.typepad.com/rogue_columnist/). He's a lifelong Phoenix resident and a brilliant analyst of its follies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's why I avoid Phoenix as much as possible. Flagstaff isn't perfect, but it is real.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm almost certain I will never be back Pygalia and have always felt that way about Flag.

    This guy seems to have it nailed Fearguth.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have taken one trip to Nevada/Arizona area and it amazes me where they get all their water from, they don't get regular rainfall in anywhere near enough quantities, so they must drain the rivers and use snowmelt, a couple of dry years in the mountains and everybody will be driving a dirty car.

    ReplyDelete