9/04/18
I drove past this between Salida and Cotopaxi on State Highway 50 in Colorado. I had to turn around and tell whoever that I stood with them totally assuming I was correct. I was and got the biggest hug of appreciation for doing so.

From my understanding, there are close to 3000 children being held around this country after being seized from their parents at the border.

Many will never see their Mom and Dad again because Republicans are totally evil.

You bastards!

2/7/08

A Plea To The Left Blogosphere For Aid Help For The Mid-South...

Monkeyfister and the and the people in his immediate area need assistance badly from the killer weather that rolled through on Tuesday night. Here is his post from today in is entirety.
This will stay at the top of the page for a while.
The comment is from Monkeyfister.


I deeply appreciate the fast response from SO many of you wonderful souls.

Here's what I sent out...
Whilst we're waiting for George's Promised Prayers to roll in, down here in the Tornado-Stricken Mid-South, I might recommend some DIRECT HUMAN INTERACTION.

This Is My Best First Start To Help My Region.

As Scout Prime is to NOLA, I am, suddenly, to the Mid-South area (I LIVE here, and was Live-Blogging these horrible storms all night), and have started to get the help-ball rolling down here. Some of you know where I work. I started a Food Drive there today for the Mid-South United Way Food Bank.

As the area affected is so broad and detached, and everyone in the Country was distracted by politics last night, as yet, there is no central assistance hub set-up. So, at the link, above, you'll find the two agencies with the broadest radius to help the area right now. Both take DIRECT donations.

A small-blog swarm on that post (or this comment) would be greatly appreciated by more people than just me. I can't describe how wide-spread the damage is down here. It's enormous. The Media, per usual, is only just now waking up to the situation, after their Super-Duper-Let's-All-Wet-Our-Pants-Together- Tuesday Political Hangover. Like NOLA, these are REALLY poor folks down here, and have nothing, and nowhere to go.

A short post about this at YOUR Blog, linking either to my post, above, or directly to the two Orgs mentioned in the post above, would sure be a big help, and would be greatly appreciated by many people who are relying on help. They are all that we have right now.

I just donated a deer's worth of ground venison, along with the 100 pounds of rice and quart-sized ziplock bags that they said that they needed at the United Way Mid-South Food Bank, when I phoned them this morning. Their pantry is BARE, and I'll be loading them up with all the potatoes, rice, veggies, bags, and other staples that I can fit in my truck tomorrow.

This is serious Red State country, and a flood of help from the DFH Left would REALLY make a big difference in a number of good ways.

I thank you all in advance.

Click Here for more about what's going on down here. It's all that I am writing about right now. Help is needed.

Your humble peer,

Monkeyfister
Use any bit or piece, or as much of any of this blog that you need in your post. If you're not already on my Blogroll, let me know that you're helping out, and I'll link you up immediately.

Thank you to Pygalgia, Hoffmania!, and those wonderful Scrutiny Hooligans who were practically posting while I was typing to them. Excellent Bloggers, excellent Human Beings.

Thank you to Digby and Crooks & Liars, The Newshoggers, and fellow Memphian-- LeftWingCracker for hearing my pleas.

Diane has posted this plea to the Blogs/Media section of The Raw Story, and Will at Moue Magazine posted a very nice piece. So di Susie Madrak at Suburban Guerrilla.Bless you all!

A special thank you to Scout Prime at First Draft. Scout has done so much for keeping awareness of the Katrina devastation alive.

skippy, you wonderful bush kangaroo-- not only do you rule blogtopia (y,yctp!), but, you also rock my world! And another thank you to Cernig for putting out the alerts.

Petulant, one of the citizens of Shakesville, most fine post!

Well. I do owe a special shout out to Thers at Whiskey Fire for putting up a short piece at Eschaton. Deeply appreciated, Buddy! Cheers!

3 comments:

  1. I missed the boat on this one early, but I've got MF's storm blogs up at my place, now. BTW, thanks for blog-rolling me; I've returned the favor -- but I wouldn't if I didn't think your place was worth visiting. Glad I found it, and I'll be visiting regularly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for linking.

    Here are some numbers in Arkansas for people who want to help there:
    http://www.kabzfm.com/1037thebuzz/tornado.devastation.htm

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry I don't know how to make a link work on here:
    In case you can't get it here are the numbers to help in Arkansas:
    If you want to lend a hand in those areas, here are the command post numbers you need to call. This is very important. Please call these posts before heading up to these areas.

    Atkins: 479-641-2289 (this post is located at the Fire Dept)

    Clinton: 501-745-9995 (this post is located in the Wal Mart parking lot)

    Mountain View: 870-213-5521 (located at the Sheriffs Dept)

    ReplyDelete