4/16/17
This is Bistek al la Mexicana a common dish found many places. There are several places I get this some better than others but all real decent! Kind of a tomato based sauce with generally pretty tender pieces of beef and a fair amount of it. The rice is pretty generic but the frijoles can be something else. This also includes as many fresh made in front of you tortillas you want and brought to you with a smile. Something like this costs around 50-60 pesos or $3. The squeezed as you watch orange juice is 20 and brings the price up a bit but worth it. Nothing in the States I've ever had compares to this not even close plus it'll cost 7-10 smacks. I don't know what I'm going to eat when I return. It will be an adjustment as I do this so much that is go into Puerto Vallarta on the south side and have me a excellent lunch with "real" Mexican food not the slop I get back there. I do not plan on eating out much at all only at maybe three select places. Pricey yes but worth it because it's so good. I threw away so much money last summer eating way overpriced shitty food. Several times the food got thrown away as well. The whole of Mexico is an eating machine I tell you. I'm gonna miss this.

I feel good and and think the higher temps and humidity contributes to that. It's the same every time. After a month or two you realize and say " Hey I feel pretty damn good!"

Just as important I believe the food made fresh with wholesome fresh ingredients as well contributes to that. Get off the bus in town the food smells everywhere make me hungry just like that.

12/28/10

This Can Be Yours

This thing was huge and ugly. The back of it was almost like the front of it. It has been lived in for awhile from what I could gather. It sits as the crow flies maybe 50 miles east of downtown Denver along with others probably on 35 acre parcels. I was surprised how many were out this far and what these people do to support this habit of a monster house because they can is unknown. The commute to anywhere is a long ways at the minimum.

These were taken on Xmas day and as you can see for yourself there is no snow. It used to snow down here but not for a long time. What a grand entrance you could make into your house if you want to pay 639K. 

9 comments:

  1. Relics of a forgotten unattainable fantasy.
    These ghost palaces are all over the country.
    They are examples of a capitalist system gone Corporate.
    Bizzaro houses for bizzaro people living in Bizzaroland.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That good man sums it up so very nicely. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess that's for people who want to get away from it all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was a bit odd actually because there's not much out here. There were a lot of these things. These were just a long ways away from anything.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look, I am going to have to be the voice of reason here. Stop picking on the elderly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think these oldsters left home John for parts unknown.

    ReplyDelete
  7. 639K, and not a tree in sight? The builder and buyers found a new drug - and the supply ran out way too soon.
    How far to the nearest grocery store and gas station?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm thinking 35 maybe a bit more Jeg and that would be to a real store.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Who knows? what they were thinking.

    Hey! honey they approved our loan!

    Let's build out there closer to Nebraska.

    ReplyDelete