9/04/18
I drove past this between Salida and Cotopaxi on State Highway 50 in Colorado. I had to turn around and tell whoever that I stood with them totally assuming I was correct. I was and got the biggest hug of appreciation for doing so.

From my understanding, there are close to 3000 children being held around this country after being seized from their parents at the border.

Many will never see their Mom and Dad again because Republicans are totally evil.

You bastards!

12/29/10

Exit Interviews For Catholics Who Don't Want Anymore

Yup crazy ass Catholics are leaving Benny and the church of mumbo jumbo in droves. The poop needs money and so do the local parishes who build big monstrosities to be close to the one they believe in who isn't really anywhere. It costs a lot to heat these things and maybe that's part of the reason people leave. Could it be priests who rape children who are allowed to continue to do so? Or have they started reading bad ass atheist blogs and  have had a vision of reality. No matter what it may be a braniac got a brain fart to stem the tide.


Yup-that outta do it alrighty!

8 comments:

  1. I go to mass every Sunday only because my 84yo mother can't drive and needs assistance getting inside of the church and I notice that most of the people who attend are folks I grew up with, or older save for the few younger families that attend and there seems to be a sense of routine to the whole thing and they seem to find comfort in the comraderie amongst their fellow church goers and less about the religious activities. Kind of like going to the local Lions club meetings and we all know that most local Lions Clubs are, well you get the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And that's the way it is. Great observations Russ.

    I may go on a Sunday-maybe and that's just to see what goes on these days as a friend has to go on Xmas eve every year and he told me there was no rhyme or reason in the happenings and young were running all over the place making a lot of noise. He did not like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to go every week, then I got sick of all the "protect the troops" prayers from the lector.

    I didn't expect antiwar, just an acknowledgement that two groups were dying. Protect the troops and the Iraqis, Please end this war, whatever. Not just keep our troops safe, while they exterminate people who meant us no harm.
    Needless to say I don't go anymore, I pray every day and my faith is unshaken, but I can't be part of the bullshit anymore.
    And a lizard hitlerjugend is pope.
    Dang.

    Thanks for reading my post One Fly, I also just put one up at Beekeepers Apprentice if you're having trouble sleeping.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oso-help me out. I'm not familiar with that and I would like to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Most major denominations are facing reduced numbers. Unfortunately the mega churches keep growing. They scare me more than the Catholics

    ReplyDelete
  6. There are so many churches being built on the front range Patrick I tell you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi One Fly, here's Bee's site. She let me put a couple posts up, one on Victor Jara-social activist/singer and victim of Pinochet. The other one I put up was on racism, how both sides can have their personal biases which circumstances can cause us to spread to others.

    http://thebeekeepersapprentice.com/

    ReplyDelete