9/04/18
I drove past this between Salida and Cotopaxi on State Highway 50 in Colorado. I had to turn around and tell whoever that I stood with them totally assuming I was correct. I was and got the biggest hug of appreciation for doing so.

From my understanding, there are close to 3000 children being held around this country after being seized from their parents at the border.

Many will never see their Mom and Dad again because Republicans are totally evil.

You bastards!

12/29/10

This Is Good News

UPDATE 10:48AM
An error has been made.  This link about the book and Riverbend is what came up on Cujo's page this morning but the post is from 9/07. I was also unaware there was a book written. 


I will leave this as there is still much that can be learned and  plead cornfield for this major mistake. Sorry bout that.

Here at OTC we have kept the light on for three years hoping for the return of Riverbend the Iraqi girl blogger. It appears that may have happened, From Cujo over at Slobber & Spittle who has this covered. I will read this book.


Although her post are old there is still much that can be learned about war for lies and what that and occupation by our country of another does to the people who live there.

5 comments:

  1. Stunning header! The cat's look is a master photograph's capture!

    As for the iraki girl,I'm not familiar with the blog and the book, I can only say this: War is terrible anywhere and anytime. No nation should interfere in the life of another nation for better or for worse. A nation which wishes to survive shoiuld find its own way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You don't need 3D glasses for this cat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. In respect to war Duta - if only we could change course from what we have become the whole world would be better off. I do not hold out much hope at all any more of that happening.

    Thank you both for your thoughts on the kitty. It is an intense picture. The ride we took on xmas afternoon was fun and even though I didn't take many pictures I was surprised how more than expected turned out pretty decent. I'm so tired of the white where I live and it's dumping as I type.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Riverbend's last article was posted more than three years ago. I haven't heard anything on her whereabouts since. She might be in Syria, or Iraq, or any one of a number of other places. I hope she and her family are safe, but unfortunately, like many people who read her writing, I'm left wondering what happened...

    For those not aware, Riverbend is a young Iraqi woman started a blog in the early days of the Iraq War. She made a great many personal observations about how the war was affecting her and the people around her. She was published quite often in Salon magazine, and then someone assembled the book out of those articles. Hopefully, she saw some of the royalties.

    Love the cat picture.

    ReplyDelete